MGA and SLL ANNUAL GUARDIANSHIP CONFERENCE WEBINAR
DATES & TIMES:
GUARDIANSHIPS, CONSERVATORSHIPS AND ALTERNATIVES THERETO
September 23 & September 30, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
$125 to attend both sessions. $75 to attend one day.
MGA members will receive a coupon code to get a $25 discount off either of these prices. For information on joining MGA visit: http://www.massguardianshipassociation.org/membership/
CPCS has approved this program for 3.0 credit hours per day for MHLD panels and for 1.5 hours for CAFL for Day 2 only.
Day 1 Webinar: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Opening Remarks by Chief Justice John Casey, Chief Justice of the Probate and Family Court Division
- What We Can Learn from Britney Spears: When Guardianships and Conservatorships Go Wrong,Moderator: Marlee Cowan, Esq.
Seth Urbanoski, Esq., Seegel Lipshutz Lo & Martin
Michael Scott, Esq., ADA Bristol
Valerie Rust, Esq., CPCS
Hether Cahill, Esq., Burns and Levinson
- Navigating the interplay between Health Care Proxies, Powers of Attorneys and Court Appointed Individuals, Moderators: Meredith Havard, Esq. & Lisa Judkins
- Shelly Oaks, professional guardian & conservator
- Erin Bradbury, Esq., Law Office of Erin Bradbury
- Joan Legraw, Esq., Regional Coordinator, CPCS, Mental Health Litigation
- Hon. Susan Tierney, Associate Justice, Probate and Family Court
Day 2 Webinar: Thursday, September 30, 2021, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Keynote Address by Patricia Keane Martin, Esq., and Lisa M. Neeley. Esq.: Case Law update.
- Issues involving minors, grandparents, custody, and parental contact – Moderator: Michelle Sikes, Esq.
- Hon. Claudine T. Wyner, Associate Justice, Probate and Family Court
- Robert Fuster, Esq.
- Debra Smith, Esq.
- Disputes in guardianship: to litigate or mediate? Moderators: Amy Kisby Mullen, Esq. & Virginia Connelly, Esq.
Julie Kefi, LSW, CNG, Jewish Family and Children’s Service>
Hon. Susan Ricci, (Ret.)
- Angelina Stafford, Esq., Doherty Wallace Pillsbury & Murphy PC
- Laura Sanford, Esq.
Online registration is encouraged. For assistance, questions on group discounts, accommodations requests, special billing, program content, out-of-state CLE credits, and general CLE information contact Michael Saporito by email at email@example.com. Registrations accepted in order of receipt. Registration fees are non-refundable. Most Social Law Library CLE events are recorded. The recording is available by digital download, generally within a week after the program date. Most downloads include print material and are $19.95 each. This product purchase is separate from CLE registration and is not included in the price of a CLE registration. CLE credit, when applicable, is only granted when the live webinar is attended.