Date and Time: Tuesday, October, 20, 2020 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Program Fee: $50
THIS PROGRAM IS ONLINE ONLY
Many attorneys are presented IP issues from their clients and do not know where to begin. If a client tells you “I have a question about patents,” which response would you rather give: A) “call a patent attorney,” or B) “let’s talk—I know the basics and if needed we can bring in a patent attorney later.” This program will educate attendees in the following areas of IP law:
Online registration is encouraged. For assistance, questions on group discounts, accommodations requests, special billing, program content, out-of-state CLE credits, and general CLE information contact Michael Saporito by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations accepted in order of receipt. Registration fees are non-refundable. Most Social Law Library CLE events are recorded. The recording is available by digital download, generally within a week after the program date. Most downloads include print material and are $19.95 each. This product purchase is separate from CLE registration and is not included in the price of a CLE registration. CLE credit, when applicable, is only granted when the live webinar is attended.
- The different species of Intellectual Property Law, the general costs involved, and the procedures for acquiring IP protection
- Important deadlines in IP law
- The pros and cons of various IP species (Patents, Copyrights, Trade Secrets, and Trademarks)
- How you can educate your client and various resources your client can turn to
- The basics of a trade secret program
- An IP issue spotting case study
- IP myths many clients hold onto